Sunday, August 18, 2019

Grandparents Day

This week we had to read a book called Grandparents Day. For Extended Abstract  I did an acrostic poem about the book. Hope you enjoy it!!!


Gran and Pop are coming to Isla’s special day.
Rabbits, pets of Isla’s, like to eat their rabbit pellets.
As Gran is rushed and stressed about making it to GrandparentsDay at Isla’s school, Pop is just relaxed. 
No one is sharing food at the picnic on the school field.
Does Isla like Grandparents day? Of course!
Pop says” Don’t panic” when Gran is rushing around getting flustered. 
At the bakery there are only cheese muffins, not the blueberry ones that they wanted.
Really yummy food is eaten. 
Everyone seems to have their grandparents there, the school is packed.
Nelson is where Granny and Pop are from. 
The muffins were burned thanks to Pop, he forgot to keep an eye on them when they were in the oven!
“Swimming” said Pop ”That's what we should do.”


“Do you think we can go now? Gran whispers.
As they were ready to leave, pop smiled sheepishly.  He had lost the keys.

You’d think that Pop would be a bit more organised.  Now they had to walk home as they couldn’t get into the house truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Alienated My Grandma

How I Alienated My Grandma Do you love sci-fi books? Well, if you do, you should read, “How I Alienated My Grandma”.  Everyone should have a...