Monday, March 18, 2019

My Wild Self





Standing behind me was something strange…... I think I knew it was a creature right away, not just a furry animal.  It was a weird non human living thing. When I turned around, I was shocked. It wasn’t just weird, it was odd and curious. Its face was rose-coloured and it had eyes like a lemurs.  It had a nose and mouth like the type a normal human being would have. It had wide polar bear ears that were so white it looked like it had been in the ice for 20 years. Sprouting out from its magnificent hair, was a sapphire-coloured peacock crest.


Her neck was barely able to be seen, it was as if she had a neck shorter than an ant.  She had a bright blue t-shirt which showed a picture of lightning that was yellow like a golden buttercup.  She had some peculiar legs. They were African lion legs and they were also amber brown. She also had Siberian tiger claws and had elegant monarch butterfly wings.  


When she spoke she made strange noises that you couldn't understand. “Maybe it’s because she had a grim looking mouth,” I thought aloud. Her behaviour and movements were bizarre.  She went crazy then all of a sudden she stopped. I noticed her paws, they were sharp and she was moving them towards me. I was scared, really scared! What if she scratches me?!  I thought to myself, startled. I was astonished when she took her paws to shake my hand. “What shall I do?” I said loudly, in a panic. Well maybe I should just shake her paw, my brain replied. We shook. Now I thought she wasn’t weird, she was  cool.


  She took her paws and I took my hands.  I watched her. She waved. Then she placed her hands and legs on the jungle floor and crawled away. Ok now I thought she was super weird and eccentric.  I wonder if I will ever see her again? Maybe there is more of her kind, only weirder. I’ll have to just wait and see!!!




1 comment:

  1. well done Akshara!I like the language you used an the way you paragraphed. Next time describe some bits in a bit more detail

    ReplyDelete

How I Alienated My Grandma

How I Alienated My Grandma Do you love sci-fi books? Well, if you do, you should read, “How I Alienated My Grandma”.  Everyone should have a...