Thursday, May 10, 2018

Bubble bomb Experiment


Learning Intention:  
W.a.l.t to conduct, observe and record experiments

Hypothesis/Prediction: (What do you think will happen?)
I think that it might explode.
Equipment/Materials Needed:
Vinegar
Baking soda
Paper towel
Zip lock bag
Method/Steps:
1. Put a table spoon of baking soda inside a paper towel and fold it up into a square. This is your ‘time release’ packet.
2. Pour into your plastic bag: 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1/4 cup of warm water.
3. Carefully put the time release packet into your zip lock bag without it dropping in the vinegar before you can close the bag.
4. Close the bag.
5. Give the bag a shake.
Results (What happened?):
First the bag filled up with gas. Then the bag filled up with bubbles. After  that it started swelling up and then it exploded!!!
Summary Statement/Conclusion:
(Was your prediction right or wrong? Why?  
What did this experiment/your results tell you?)
The experiment was a chemical change. My prediction was right because when I read that it was a bubble bomb I realised straight away that it would explode.



2 comments:

  1. A great prediction using the name of the experiment. How do you think we could change this experiment? - Mrs T

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a creative master and a clever thinker well done.

    ReplyDelete

How I Alienated My Grandma

How I Alienated My Grandma Do you love sci-fi books? Well, if you do, you should read, “How I Alienated My Grandma”.  Everyone should have a...