Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Pepeha

Tēnā koutou katoa                     Greetings to you all 
No Sri Lankaāhau        I am from Sri Lanka
Ko Puketāpapa te maunga             My mountain is Mt Roskill 


Ko Manukau te moana                     The Manukau is my sea

Ko Halsey Drive te kura                     Halsey Drive is my school 


Kei Mt Roskill toku papa kainga         Mt Roskill is where I live now


Ko Vijaykumar tōku koro           My Grandfather is Vijaykumar
Ko Rajini tōku kuia          My Grandmother is Rajini
Ko Thayalashankar tōku matua      My Father is Thayalashankar
Ko Keshana tōku whaea       My mother is Keshana
Ko Kajanthan Vijaykumar tōku matua keke     My uncle is Kajanthan Vijaykumar
Ko Nilani Kajanthan tōku whaea keke     My auntie is Nilani Kajanthan
Ko Lathushan rāua  ko Harikesh āku tuakana    My cousins are Lathushan and Harikesh
Ko Rishy rāua ko Anish āku tuakana  My older brothers/sisters are Rishy and Anish
Ko Kavesh rāua ko Tharnika āku teina  My younger brothers/sisters are Kavesh and Tharnika

Ko Akshara Thayalashankar tāku ingoa                   My name is Akshara Thayalashankar

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Alienated My Grandma

How I Alienated My Grandma Do you love sci-fi books? Well, if you do, you should read, “How I Alienated My Grandma”.  Everyone should have a...