Monday, March 18, 2019

New Zealand Taonga

Summertime  is very neat,
as we meet people and greet.
We get te moko on our face,
and then we always play and chase.
Eating hokey pokey ice cream is a treat,
and all the sheep like grass to eat.
Reading Maori legends,
indeed they are splendid.
The Kiwi bird is our national animal,
but then all our animals are admirable.
Rugby is our national sport,
and we play basketball on a court.
The Maori always wear their cloaks,
and in NZ there is always hope.
New Zealand,Aotearoa land of the long white cloud,
far away but always proud.

1 comment:

  1. Well done akshara!I like the way you described things about NZ and how you included our animals. next time make your poem slightly shorter

    ReplyDelete

How I Alienated My Grandma

How I Alienated My Grandma Do you love sci-fi books? Well, if you do, you should read, “How I Alienated My Grandma”.  Everyone should have a...