Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Speech

Why Owning Pets Is The Best!
  1.  “Mum can I get a pet! I would look after it properly! Maybe I can get a cute cat! Or maybe a fluffy, hopping bunny! Not even a dog to keep in the garden! I can feed itPleaseee!!!!!”This is a talk that many families have! I have asked this question tonnes of time to my mum but she always says NO!!! I mean I guess I could play with the dolls and toys that my mum buy but here is the thing. You don’t have that much time having fun with it. You can’t run around with them,you can’t interact with them, you can’t talk with them and you can’t share the love you could share with animals! . Why? Because they’re not even alive. But I know who is! A….. PET! You can run around the house with them,you can race with them and the best thing is that you can do ANYTHING with it. Anything you know!There are also many other reasons why I would benefit from having a pet, so pay special attention and listen to me!

Pets Help You Get Fit
2. Firstly, owning a dog can help you to get fit.  Dogs need regular activity and if a dog becomes your pet of choice, you’ll be signing up for brisk daily walks to help your furry friend keep in shape.  In turn, you’ll feel the benefits of regular, low impact exercise! 36 percent of pet owners have said that they lose weight thanks to walking their dog! So who needs a personal trainer! There are many health benefits of owning a pet. They can increase opportunities to exercise, get outside, and socialize. Regular walking or playing with pets can decrease blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and triglyceride levels. When you are walking your dog, it’s not just you who is getting fit but also your dog! Exercising keeps its heart, lungs and joints healthy, and it helps him control his weight and increase his energy levels!

Pets Teach Children Responsibility
3.Secondly, Owning a pet teaches children responsibility. Pets require food, water and most importantly love! You should feed them twice a day, make sure they have fresh water, groom or brush them if they need it, provide them with a warm and sheltered place to sleep and tell an adult if you think they are sick so they can get them some help. When a child takes care of a pet, they learn to be kind to others through taking care of their fuzzy friends basic needs!  Pets teach children responsibility, trust, compassion, respect and patience for other living things. While pets offer a lot of benefits to kids, kids also have a lot to offer the pet in your family as well! 

You Won’t Be Lonely And They Help Reduce Stress

 4. Dogs and cats in particular can reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and loneliness. Pets can also provide valuable companionship for older adults. Playing with or petting an animal can increase levels of the stress reducing hormone and decrease production of the stress hormone, cortisol. These hormonal changes can help a nervous child feel more relaxed about reading aloud! Also reduced stress can also benefit physical health!!!

Conclusion
5. After this speech I hope you realise how owning pets can help a child so much.   Come on, let's persuade those adults to let us have a friendly pet companion. Just remind them of my main reasons... pets teach responsibility, reduce stress, increase happiness and levels of exercise. What's not to like? So head to your local pet shop and choose yourself an adorable new BFF! Anyway, gotta go work on persuading my mum to change her mind.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Alienated My Grandma

How I Alienated My Grandma Do you love sci-fi books? Well, if you do, you should read, “How I Alienated My Grandma”.  Everyone should have a...